I am very happily employed working with organizations in Content/Document Management Systems. Currently using and working and programing in Alfresco community. It is a fun job, a great open source, and a rapidly maturing start-up. My customers are happy and is what makes me feel good.
It is unlikely that you will have an opportunity that is more appealing to me than where I am now. It would need to allow be a small and growing company, working on code under an open source and commercial licenses, be able to stay in Alaska and Washington, most of the time work from home, travel less than 1 week a month, work with a global team, and involve a mix of development, analysis, and management. I enjoy being in a decision making role and mentoring teammates. Python would be a big plus.
I am currently busy to take contract work, but if it is interesting contract than I would be very happy to take it.
If you feel like reaching out, I promise to be polite. And if I have a minute I will even try and think of someone else that can meet your need.
Thank you for your interest.
Metaphorically speaking, I have finished my apprenticeships, and am now a journeyman on my way to becoming a master. My toolbag is packed and I'm ready to go where I'm needed. I enjoy the diversity of experience that comes from helping anybody who has a need.
I do my consulting under the name AAB Services, LLC. Though I am an advocate for pricing transparency, rates vary based on my availability, and the size of the project. I have learned that an accurate rate can only be given as part of a conversation.
As you can see from my resume, I am a generalist with experience in almost all parts of the software development and integrations lifecycle. The hats I most often wear are labeled:
- Software Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Project Manager
Though I don't often use the terms when referring to myself, I have also been called "Architect", and "Guru" in my fields.
My key interests are:
- Open source software development-implementations and supporting
- Linux-ubuntu administration and deployment
- Agile project management
- System security
Ways I can help your business include:
- Networking: setup, filtering, troubleshooting, email hosting, web presence
- File server and backup administration
- Server configurations and setup
- EDMS installations, configurations and support
- Data document management transformations and configurations
- Import/Export data between servers and databases
- Equipment purchasing and repair
- Workflow automation
- Technology training
- Custom application development
I would love the opportunity to discuss your needs with you. My contact information is on my resume.
Some projects I have worked on in past couple of years:
- In 2013, I provided on-site software/hardware support for the contracting professionals of the State of Alaska Departments, Dealerships, Tax Professionals and many other organizations in Alaska and Washington. As part of my duties, I provided desk-side support and training for eCMS, the electronic contract management system. I also prepared reports using Excel, Power BI.
- In 2016, I acted as a Data Analyst and assisted State of Alaska Departments to provide a statistically valid independent validation and verification audit of data reported by the State of Alaska Departments. Over million of dollars saved from my auditing and running a project/s in the offices. In addition to producing a detailed view of the current state of reporting, the team's experts also provided recommendations for improvement. Key technologies I employed on this project included:
- XML archive imports,
- Transitions between EDMS
- Transitions between Oracle and MSSQL
- Real-time interfaces,
- A cross platform EDMS application with an MSSQL database and many connectors include SharePoint (Office 365),
- Various SQL reports on the data, delivered as spreadsheets.